Cagsawa Ruins

Me and my niece left for Daraga Legaspi to see Cagsawa Ruins earlier today.  Unfortunately, Mayon Volcano was covered with clouds so I was not able to have a good shot of the volcano.  Because of the extreme heat and humidity, we did not stay more than an hour in Cagsawa Ruins…

The church of Cagsawa was built after 1724 by Franciscan friars under Fray Francisco Blanco in the small town of Cagsawa. It was supposed to replace an earlier church built in 1636 that had been burned down by Dutch Pirates. It was destroyed during the most destructive eruption of the nearby Mayon Volcano in February 1, 1814. The eruption killed an estimated 1,200 people in the surrounding areas and buried the town of Cagsawa (among others) under several hundred million cubic meters of ash.

Click away!

1. great photos jenny and very interesting piece on the history i enjoyed reading it thanks fromk kevin

1. Thanks Kevin
      I am glad
      You like it
      All the best, Jenny

2. I am glad you enjoyed it😉

1. I did you seem to be getting out and ejoying your self which is nice to see have fun

2. Jenny, amazing images… I like so much ! :)

3. great photos Jenny! thanks for sharing…

1. Your welcome
      Brought back memories
      Last I was there, was 20 years ago
      Best, jenny

1. Your welcome Marilou😉

4. Great post and pictures, Jenny! The last time that we were there was in 2006 but then that was just after a super typhoon. I love Albay and the wonderful Bicolano dishes. 😉

1. Hi Malou,

Thanks for the visit. Did you try the restaurant Sibid Sibid..The best restaurant in Legaspi Albay. Nothing but seafoods…I will post them another time. I also tried..Bicol Express Pizza in Sorsogon in Mango grill. Not bad, it was very good actually. Bicol food is spicy similar to Thai Food..

Mabalos Malou!

5. Great scenic pictures. Enjoyed the brief history also.:)

1. Thank you so much.. it was very scenic and braught back memories with family years ago. Best, Jenny

6. A very rich history. The ruins are just fascinating. Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

1. Thank you for the following and liking my most recent post. Yeah Cagsawa ruins has a very rich history and considered a national heritage….Jenny

7. Your photos are amazing!

1. You are very welcome.

8. […] Naturally, volcanic rock crafts flourish along the towns surrounding Mayon. And those who are up for Vicente Ajero’s carvings, he is based in Albay’s most popular tourist destination, the Cagsawa Ruins. […]