BBC News – Brave recovery of mutilated Bangladesh woman

BBC News – Brave recovery of mutilated Bangladesh woman.

Hawa Akther Jui , 21, had lost all hopes of writing again after her fingers were cut off, by her husband because she started attending a college without his permission. Her husband was uneducated and allegedly did not want her to pursue her studies. Thanks to the doctors at the Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed (CRP) in Dhaka who carried out a series of surgical operations on Ms Akther’s hand, which involved setting up a splint between her thumb and wrist so that she can hold a pencil or a pen. When doctors in the Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, told Ms Akther that she would be able to write again with her mutilated right hand, the news gave her hope and confidence to start over again.

I first came across this story back on December 2011 and always wondered how she was doing.  I am glad she is fine and even without fingers has not stopped the resolve to pursue her dream of law school.

One brave girl indeed………….

Related stories: He chopped off my fingers December 2011

Stop the violence

Photo Credit: God Discussion

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

Mahatma Gandhi

Advertisements

1. Jenny, Mrs. Akther story is very sad. I’m so sorry for her pain.

I’m glad the doctors helped her and now she feels better.
    Thank you so much for having shared with us.
    I wish you a wonderful day, Jenny!

1. Hello Stefanie
      Glad to hear from you again
      Yes, it was a really sad story
      but at the end, she never gave up
      Adversity indeed
      Have a wonderful Sunday Stefania
      God Bless, Jenny

2. Women are stronger and this is another story that proves so! Keep going Hawa!

Thanks Jenny, for visiting and liking my post. I have moved the entire content to a larger visual format. I will be delighted to receive your feedback. Thanks.

1. Your welcome and thank you for the comment
      Yes women are indeed stronger
      Will definite give you feedback on your websites content

Namaste,

Jenny

3. randalldeanscott May 7, 2012 at 12:11 am

Incredible and awesome story–not the missing fingers part but that she will continue her pursuit toward law school and other dreams. I can’t help but wonder if any justice was served with regard to the ignorant husband. Wow.

1. Hello Randall thank you for the visit and liking my post. The husband is currently in jail right now…Thanking the human activist, the surgeons and her loving family for helping her out. All the best, Jenny

4. What an amazing woman, and a very moving story. Thanks for sharing it.

1. Your welcome
      A very moving story
      It never left my heart
      All the best, Jenny

5. intergenerational May 7, 2012 at 3:34 am

I like your blog so I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award 😉

1. Thank you so much
      for the nomination of Versatile Blogger Award
      Got 2 awards with this post
      You just made my day..

6. What a remarkable woman. Her journey and her bravery is an inspiration to all of us. I wish her all the best. As for the evil man who did this to her and all the abusers and exploiters out there, they need to be stopped and pay for the trauma and pain that they inflicted. No person has the right to hurt another being, more if they are helpless. Thanks for sharing.

7. Unbelievable! What women put up with, jeesh! You have such great posts, I’ve nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award!

1. Thanks again…I got two wards with this post

🙂

8. […] 6.  Jenny at Jenny’s Serendipity […]

1. Thank you so much for the Kreativ Award…..you just made my day
      All the best, Jenny

9. free penny press May 7, 2012 at 6:53 am

Her strength and determination is beautiful.. thank you for sharing this story with us all!

1. Your welcome Penny 😉

10. Let me at that man! It is moments like this that brings out the ugly in me…please forgive me for feeling this way.

What a brave young woman Hawa is – what a coward that husband of hers…

1. Hi Eric,

Its okay Eric to be angry
      What he did is horrible and atrocious
      Her story never left my heart

All the best, Jenny