Sibid-Sibid Restaurant

After Cagsawa Ruins, me and my niece ventured out to Sibid-Sibid Restaurant located at Bonot, Legazpi City. Sibid-Sibid is a full service restaurant that serves seafoods and traditional pinoy dishes at very reasonable prices. Love the ambiance of the place built by local fishermen.

We had fresh coconut, Bicol Express Seafood, Pancit Seafood Canton, Sizzling Seafood Plate and Garlic Rice…Yummy!

The best seafood restaurant in Legaspi!

Fish Bicol Express Recipe

meat of one pampano or large besugo, chopped
2 green siling haba (finger chilis)
4 cloves of Philippine garlic (or any small, strong variety)
1/2 tbsp ginger
black pepper
2 tbsp. calamansi (Philippine lemon)juice
2 tablespoons bagoong (Filipino shrimp paste)
1 crushed Philippine siling labuyo (or Thai bird chili)
1 bulb lemongrass
2 cups thick coconut milk
pinch of turmeric
sea salt to taste

preparation

Remove seeds from siling haba, cut into rings, and soak in water. Set aside.

Mix garlic, ginger, black pepper, calamansi juice, bagoong, siling labuyo, crushed lemongrass bulb, and 1 cup of coconut milk in a pot. Heat for a minute and add fish. Stir constantly to avoid curdled coconut milk.

When fish is half-cooked, add the rest of the coconut milk, turmeric. Simmer til cooked.

Season with salt and pepper if needed, and mix in siling haba.

Read More: Fish Bicol Express

1. looks yummy. i should really try philippine food 🙂

1. Thanks..You should try Bicol food..spicy like Thai food..We love our chili’s..I even got me a chili earings in the festival..LOL! Happy weekend…

2. Jenny, the food looks very tasty – I think is very tasty! very delicious!
    Have a wonderful evening! 🙂

1. You too Stefania!
      Happy weekend……

3. free penny press April 29, 2012 at 2:35 am

Your post makes me hungry 🙂
    great pictures!!

1. Thank you so much..The food thee is awesome and to die for…They are all pretty spicy..

4. Fish Bicol Express–hindi-naka ka guilty.

1. Ooo nga..pero sapat naman sa tiyan 😉

5. Oh, I’ve never had this fish Bicol express so this is a must-try this weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Jenny. 😉

1. Your welcome Malou..You should try it..Masiramun baga!

6. Looking at the food’s photos is making me hungry. I love Bicol Express! Nothing beats ‘lutong bahay’ because the only way I can eat it here is if I buy a canned bicol express, it’s just not the same. 😉

1. Thanks for visiting my blog and the 2 likes. Salamat sa inyo
      Nothing beats the real Bicol Express
      Lutong bahay and mas masarap.
      All the best, Jenny